These two men in this picture, Jerry Golden and Gail Graves, will always hold a very special place in my heart. When I was 7 Jerry came from Texas to our little town and did a revival. My mom, sister and I were all saved during that week. Gail was our Pastor at that time and he is the one who baptized us. I have seen these two off and on throughout the years but I always enjoy seeing them again.
There were several activities for everyone. The women had a conference Friday and Saturday. Brenda (the one wearing glasses) led the conference. Debra (she stayed with me) shared her testimony. She is an amazing person with a powerful testimony. There was not a dry eye when she was done.
The women also had a tea party with quiche, scones and lots of other goodies Saturday morning. It was so inviting Pastor couldnt stay away. ;-) I caught him sneeking some of the goodies.
Of course it is alway good to see Lon again and listen to him play and sing. He sang Watch the Lamb. Again not a dry eye when he was done. He said he missed coming to our church and was tempted to come back. He is looking forward to another ride on Daves motorcyle.
No comments:
Post a Comment