Monday, February 11, 2008

Getting better

Well things did seem to go alot better today. The kids made it through school with no problems to speak of. I was kind of expecting them to call and ask if they could come home. But nope, they sucked it up and stayed strong. Bed time was much easier tonight as well. No fussing, no tears, just kisses and hugs. They were probably really tired though. It was quite a bit past bed time.

My day was much better today also. I started off having breakfast with Pastor and Betty. You cant help but be in a good mood after spending time with them. They are alot of fun and very uplifting. I got to talk to Dave a few times today. It looks like we will know by Thursday whether or not he will go to Iraq.

Dave was having a conversation with Katelyn a couple of weeks ago it was really cute, it went something like this:

D:In two weeks when I leave, in six months you will start to miss me.
K:Ya, but you know who will miss you the most?
D:Who
K:Mom, she's just a big 'ol ball of sissy (she says with a big smile) well, she cries at everything, commercials, cartoons, movies.

Well we've all had alot of tears lately, yes even Katelyn. But I didnt have the heart to ask her who the ball of sissy was now. But when things settle down after awhile, oh yeah! she's gonna hear about it. ;-)

No comments: