Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks in Iraq?

Dave told me yesterday that they had an incident at the base. He wouldnt really explain much but said that he was ok and would be justified in coming home. When he first got there he said if anything got too close to him and he felt in danger he would be on the first plane home. He said this wasnt that bad and that he was not coming home yet. Today he explained a little more about what happened. I keep telling I him dont need to hear this. But I also keep asking. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

This was a while later. He had gone back to his room to get his camera. He was closer than this when it happened. He said he was on top of the bunker when it went off. It was close enough it shook the bunker. Again it was right outside the gates. But at this base he spends alot of time close to that area. I thought this base was going to be better that the last one. But so far I think i prefer the other one.

We just keep praying for his safety and trust that God is in control and is watching out for him.

No comments: