Thursday, July 3, 2008

God and Country Rally

We had alot of fun yesterday at the God and Country Rally. It is a time to remember and celebrate our God and our service men and women. Church was cancelled last night for the occasion. There were about six of us together. The youth group went also but they sat in the front row at the stage. It was to loud for us and we didnt like the way it made our insides vibrate...does that mean I am getting old? I dont think so because eventually the girls came back and sat with us. It was too loud for them also.


There was a skydiver who jumped out of a plane with the American flag. It was really cool. The girls are looking for him and finally spotted him way up in the sky.

That was so cool to see. The flag was huge and weighed over 200 pounds. The guy explained that it would touch the ground and no disrespect was meant by that. It is just too big to keep of the ground.

I wished we could have seen him land on the other side of the hill. It would have been cool to watch them gather up that big ol flag.


It was a fun girls time out. Chance stayed the night with Aunt Stacie. He had been begging to go there all week. So I jumped on that. I think he would have drove me crazy trying to keep track of him with all people that were there.

This is just a fraction of the people. How cool is it that all these people especially the non-Christians got to hear the Word. I dont know if you can tell from this picture Dave, but I think that is your Aunt Terri in the red shirt. I was taking a picture of all the people on the hill. I didnt see her until I got home and was looking at the pictures on the computer.

What an amazing treat! I finally got to see Marc Schultz in concert. The youth went to see him last year but I stayed home with Nicoles kids so she could go.

He was great!! He really gets into his music.

I like the way he involves the crowd too. His show is so full of energy. The kids really enjoyed it!


It all ended with fireworks. I would really like to take photography classes. Then I could really capture this cool display.



What an amazing night. We got to worship through the Word and with Marc's music. We didnt get home until about 1:30. We were stuck in the parking lot for quite some time. But it was all more than worth it!!! I cant wait till next year. Maybe Chance will join us then.

No comments: